The City is proposing to replace the existing all-way stop control at the intersection of Shadowridge Drive & Live Oak Road with a roundabout.
The proposal also includes reducing the number of lanes approaching the intersection from four to two
. The roundabout is expected to result in the following benefits:
– The traffic on Shadowridge Drive does not have to come to a complete stop, but will substantially slow down going through the intersection.
– No need for enforcement of rolling through the existing Stop sign.
– The reduction of the number of lanes will make it easier for pedestrians to cross
– The pedestrian is not trying to judge if four lanes of traffic will come to a complete stop before they cross. Instead, they will find a gap in slow moving two lanes of traffic.
– More aesthetically pleasing than the Stop signs.
The proposal will be presented at the City as follows:
– Traffic Commission on Jan 3rd at 6:00 p.m.